Published on May 31st, 2013 | by Rahat Khanna1
Boilerplate App for Phonegap & jQuery Mobile – Extend & Create Awesome Hybrid Apps
We waste a lot of time in putting together small pieces of an app from scratch in the beginning of every project we do. In this world of Rapid Application development, we requirement some bootstrap templates. These are called boilerplate apps which contain the Basic Folder structure, Important Basic Resource Files and initial code.
I was trying to find a good Boilerplate App for jQuery Mobile & Cordova(Phonegap) but I was unable to reach a simple basic app composed of these two technologies. I have therefore created this project for everyone out there who needs to start creating Hybrid Mobile Apps and for me afcourse.
The boilerplate consists of :
- “Index.html” with basic layouts & 2 Initial Pages
- Login Page & Controls on the frontpage
- App.css File to contain Custom CSS File
- jQuery Mobile Resources (Minified JS + CSS)
- Phonegap Specific Code Enhancements done to the jQuery Mobile Initialization Code
- Build.Phonegap.com specific basic Config.xml file
The code for this boilerplate is available on github using the following link.
How you can use the Boilerplate App :
- Go to Github Repository for the Code
- Download the code as a Zip File or Clone it into another repository on your Github account
- Extract the code & deploy it on a Local Web Server like WAMP, XAMPP or Tomcat Apache etc.
- Build your Custom Hybrid Mobile App using the existing Code Structure
- Push it back to your own Git URL
- Build Native Apps for iOS, Android, BB, Windows Phone
Note: If you do not have an account at build.phonegap.com, firstly sign up which should take couple of more minutes.
Download & Test the Boilerplate App build on your Android Device from this link: